Ocular clinic “Zora” is one of the leading hospitals in Bulgaria, specialized in ophthalmology. Diagnosis and treatment covers the whole range of ocular ailments, including rare and complex cases that require a intricate and complex approach to diagnosis and subsequent successful treatment.
The clinic was established in 2001 by Prof. Dr. Iva Petkova, a national consultant in ophthalmology.
The hospital has medics who have specialized abroad and are trained to work with the most advanced technical equipment. More than 10,000 patients per year pass through the diagnostic and consultation offices and over 1000 operations are carried out. The great clinical and scientific potential of the hospital has made it a recognized center for the diagnosis and treatment of some major diseases of the eye in recent years.
The hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and offers cutting-edge methods for:
- Complete ocular diagnostics
- Refractive cataracts surgery (senile cataract)
- Vitreoretinal surgery
- Laser treatment of retinal diseases
- Laser correction of refractive (visual) abnormalities – myopia (shortsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia (senile shortsightedness)
- Correction and prescription of lenses individual lenses in cases of keratoconus
- Correction of eyesight for the visually impaired with the prescription of telescopic glasses
In 2010, the clinic opened the “Laser Vision Correction” sector, equipped with the state-of-the-art Alegretto WaveLight excimer laser.